50 g/1.8 oz butter (or olive oil)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 stick celery, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, finely diced
150 g/5.3 oz dried apricots, finely chopped (optional)
1 lemon, zest and juice only
handfuls parsley, chopped
handfuls thyme, chopped
200 g/7.1 oz fresh breadcrumbs
60 ml/2.1 uk fl oz chicken stock
6 rashers streaky bacon
salt and finely crushed black pepper
1. Preheat the halogen oven to 210°C (410°F).
2. Heat half the butter and cook the garlic, celery, onion and pepper until soft about 10 minutes but this will vary. Add the apricots, lemon zest and juice, herbs, breadcrumbs and season mix.
3. Gradually add enough stock to make the stuffing moist but not wet.
4. Lay the turkey breast out flat, skinned side down. Spoon the stuffing down the middle then roll up and tie. Place the turkey breast upwards, smear with remaining butter and cover with the bacon.
5. Cover with foil, place on the low rack in the halogen oven and roast for 30 minutes per kilo plus 30 minutes extra, removing the foil for the last 30 minutes. Check the juices run clear, remove then leave to rest for 20 minutes. Serve sliced with a selection of roasted vegetables.