115g/4 oz caster sugar
25g/1 oz butter, melted
125g/4½ oz dark chocolate with about 70% cocoa solids, melted
2 tbsp milk
25g/1 oz plain flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp icing sugar
350g/12 oz raspberries
Here’s a delicious dessert halogen oven recipe from Norma Miller.
Her book, containing more than 150 delicious Halogen recipes, entitled “The Halogen Oven Secret”, is available through the Amazon link to the right in our sidebar.
A dense, dark rich chocolate cake or torte made with very little flour. You will need a greased base-lined 18cm/7 inch cake tin which fits in your oven.
1. Remove the lid from the halogen oven, place the low rack inside the oven and replace the lid. Preheat the halogen oven to 180°C (356°F).
2. Separate the eggs, putting the yolks into a mixing bowl and the whites into a grease-free bowl.
3. Pour the sugar over the egg yolks and whisk until light and fluffy. Stir in the butter, chocolate and the milk.
4. Sieve the flour and cocoa into the bowl and gently stir until mixed.
5. Whisk the egg whites until like soft peaks and with a metal spoon carefully fold into the chocolate mixture. Spoon the mixture into the cake tin.
6. Put into the hot oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Serve warm or cold.
7. Sieve the icing sugar into a small bowl and then press half of the raspberries through the sieve. Mix to a smooth purée.
8. Serve slices of the chocolate cake dusted with icing sugar, drizzled with purée and top each portion with whole raspberries.
Source: “The Halogen Oven Secret”, Norma Miller