225g (8oz) carrots, shredded (about 2 small)
225g (8oz) courgette, shredded (about 1 med.)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
1 sachet chicken-flavoured bouillon
70ml (2.5 uk fl oz) water
Chicken Breasts with Carrot and Courgette Stuffing
Here’s a delicious halogen oven stuffed chicken recipe for diabetics. Please note: this recipe requires cooking on a hob at the start.
1. Pre-heat the halogen oven to 190°C (375°F).
2. In medium bowl, combine carrots, courgette, salt and poultry seasoning.
3. Spoon mixture into each pocket (each breast should open similar to a butterfly); secure with toothpicks.
4. Then place chicken in a medium size oven dish and sprinkle with bouillon.
5. Add water and cook over medium high heat, heat to boiling.
6. Then cover with foil and cook in halogen oven on low rack for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
7. Remove toothpicks.